Friday, January 2, 2009

It's done!!!!!!


FINALLY!!!!  The promotion board is done!!  I rocked it too!  I went in and after I said my bio the Sergeant Major had me recite the NCO Creed.  Not a problem, knocked it out of the park!  The she had me sing the 1st Infantry Division song and the Army song and then she dismissed me!  No one even asked me any questions!  I'm told this happens if you do awesome on the creed.  I'm so relieved it's finally over.  By the time I get back to Fort Riley I'll be an E5!  Then, in April of 2010 I can start looking into re-enlisting.  I really want to go back to Germany!!  I think the fam would LOVE it!  Haylie especially.  She's still into princesses and stuff like that so I think she'd get a kick out of the castles there.

I don't really have all that much to say today.  I'm exhausted from having to get up so early this morning for the board.  I've been studying like crazy so it's been difficult getting to sleep at night. I wasn't able to shut my brain off.  Especially last night.  I'm hoping to get a really good nights sleep tonight.  My half day is tomorrow so I'm sure I'll be able to.  

Cory took a really cute picture of me a few days ago while we were Skyping....see below.


Well, I think that's about it for today.  Happy New Year and love and hugs to everyone!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy New Year to you too babe! You are looking FABULOUS!!! I am SO proud of you!! I have caught up on reading your blogs...I laughed, I cried (poor lil kitty!!!!!!!), I said Whoa out loud a few times, etc. Amazing pics and stories, I am so incredibly proud of you and feel like this is a new beginning! I can't imagine how heart-wrenching it was for you to be apart from your family over the holidays. I'll be sending you a package soon and hopefully will be able to talk to you on Skype next weekend if I go and visit my friend in Maryland. Can't wait!! LOVE YOU!!!!

corylvngstn said...

You are AWESOME!!!! I knew you'd do great in front of the board and I think it's amazing that this up and coming promotion has changed your outlook so positively. I am really happy for you. I hope we do get to Germany soon. It'll be an experience of a lifetime!

I love you beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you and i miss you terribly! Your pic looks amazing, mostly b/c you are looking amazing! I was like WOW, thats my sis! : ) I cant wait for you to get back so i can run up to you and give you a big ol' hug! Just like last time. I will be sending you a package soon. There wont be too much in it, but your late xmas gift will be. I think you will love it! At least i hope you will :) Call me again soon. I LOVE YOU SISTER!!!!