Thursday, January 29, 2009

18.4%!!!! Wow!!!

One more week to go before I leave here to go home for 15 days!  I cannot wait!!  We really don’t have a lot of set in stone plans.  We are going to Omaha to see family over Valentine’s Day weekend and Kevin and Haylie’s teachers were kind enough to set up a parent/teacher conference 2 weeks ahead of schedule.  I have no idea what they have been up to in school.  Every time I ask them what they are learning they say nothing.  I highly doubt that but I can’t force them to give me an answer, especially since what they do learn is probably gradual and not thrust upon them all at once.  Haylie received her MileyWorld subscription.  She was really excited to get it….at least I think she was.  Kevin starts guitar lessons on Tuesday February 3rd.  He seems excited about that.  He got a new guitar for Christmas and these lessons are free since I’m deployed.

 

We are having a BBQ tomorrow after work.  Every so often we will have one and invite people from our company that we hardly ever see.  It’s a fun relaxing way to get to see people and catch up.  I did ok on my PT test yesterday.  I passed all the events even though I’m not supposed to do the sit ups or the run.  I wanted to see where I stood since it’s my goal to get off of this permanent profile when I get back to Riley.  We had a weigh in when the test was over.  I got taped just so I could see where I was at.  I have some old measurements from when I was at Gordon.  I’ve lost quite a few inches since then.  My measurements from March 2008 were:  Neck – 15”, Hips – 42”, Waist – 33” and Weight – 179lbs.  My measurements from January 2009 are:  Neck – 13”, Hips – 40”, Waist – 29” and Weight – 146lbs.  33 pounds!  Biggest Loser style that’s an 18.4% weight loss!  When I lose the last 20 that I want to it will be a total of a 29.6% weight loss.  That’s a lot of weight!  Never again!!!

 

Ok, it’s bedtime.  Love and hugs to everyone.

1 comment:

corylvngstn said...

I think the kids don't realize they're learning because Kansas schools are so much more laid back than that rare Georgia school they went to last year. I think that's good though. I felt like they were getting pushed too hard at that other school. It was as if they were learning so much they were forcing us to go through grade school again!

I'm really proud of you working hard to get off that profile. I really like how you've been so positive about the whole thing. That's going to make a real difference when you get home.

One more week! It's so close!

I love you!!!