Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Can't wait till February 4th!!!

I've been doing a lot of research/reading on Asperger's Syndrome.  The book I'm reading now might as well be called Haylie Livingston.  I'd say that about 75% of what I've read so far we have already experienced.  The other 25% we get to have the pleasure of experiencing in Junior High and High School.  It’s really helping me understand Haylie.  I just hope I can put into practice what I’m learning here, at home. 

I bought Haylie a year long membership to a website called MileyWorld.com.  It looks like a cute site and she’s still really big into Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus. 

Work recently has been kinda sucky.  There is a warrant officer I work with who has been very bithcy recently.  She bitches about the stupidest things and then turns around and does the very same thing she was just bitching about 10 minutes earlier.  I hate hypocrites!  Work has been busy too.  We were down for a day and half and we are still playing catch up.  Usually I’ll have time to get online at work and check my email or something.  I haven’t been able to in the past two days.

So, I found out today when I finally get to go on my mid tour leave.  I leave here on the 4th of February.  I still don’t know EXACTLY when I’ll reach the states but I’m pretty sure it will be before my husband’s birthday on the 9th.  I wanted to surprise him but it got too hard trying to coordinate with neighbors and trying to get a ride from the airport.  I told him about a week or so ago.  The kids still don’t know so I can at least surprise someone.  We’ll be heading up to Omaha Valentine’s Day weekend to see family and friends.  I think my mother in law is going to try to come down from Minnesota that weekend too.  We’ll only be up there for 3 or 4 days so I hope I can see everyone within that time frame.  I can’t wait to get home.  I’ve lost quite a bit of weight here and I’m really looking forward to taking some awesome photos with Cory and the kids.  Of course some will be of just me and Cory.  I don’t have any lovey, sweet romantic photos and I’d like some.  Cory and the kids are going to have to suffer through a photo shoot of sorts while I’m home.  


Kevin in his Halloween costume.  I never thought I'd see the Joker playing RockBand!!


Kevin and Haylie messing around on a weapon.  This sits at the top of a huge hill just off of Fort Riley.


He's a bit shorter than I thought he would be.  He did a USO tour on my first deployment.  Very very funny!!


The round is as big as she is!!


I miss home!!  Our house on Fort Riley!

Well, I think that's about it for now.  Love and hugs to everyone!!

1 comment:

corylvngstn said...

I can't wait for you to get here! I know this is a lot earlier than we wanted for your leave, but now that it's so close I'm getting really excited! I figured we'll probably fill the memory card in the camera a couple times in those 2 weeks. :)

I'm also looking forward to checking out those books on Asperger's Syndrome. And I'm sure now that you understand what's going on with Haylie you'll be able to cope with her behavior a lot more efficiently.

I love you beautiful!!!