Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Freedom Rest

So, I found out last night that I was going on Freedom Rest. It's basically a 4 day pass spent here in Baghdad. As it turns out, it's the exact same place I did Freedom Rest 5 years ago! It hasn't changed a bit. I haven't done much of anything today. The only time I left my room was to eat lunch and dinner. I took TWO naps today! I didn't realize how exhausted I really was. I'll venture out more tomorrow. The convoy here was the first time that I went outside the wire....for you non military folk that means leave the post. It was nice to actually get to see more of Baghdad.

Haylie had to go to the emergency room this past Saturday. She had yet another one of her UTIs. This time it spread to her bladder as well so she had a bladder infection too. This comes a day or two after she had an appointment with the urologist where Cory said she hasn't had one and seems to be doing fine. Cory had to carry her into the hospital and Haylie was screaming bloody murder! We are at a loss with what to do to prevent these. I suggested that Cory go buy some very gentle body wash...like the stuff that can be used on babies...and have Haylie wash her body on a daily basis. We don't know if this will help but it's better than what we have been doing. If this had to happen I'm glad it happened on her break from school and on a weekend. I can picture her getting one while she's at school. She's sitting at her desk reading and all of a sudden she starts screaming and the teacher can't get her calmed down. Not a pretty picture. I used to be able to tell when she had a mild one. Lately she seems to go from extremely mild to screaming and not being able to walk in a single day. It completely takes you by surprise. Poor thing, I hope this doesn't mess her up down there.

Cory sent me a couple pictures of them by the Christmas tree. I wish I could have been in the pictures with them. Next year for sure. Love and hugs to everyone.




Kitty is about as big as Haylie is. :P

2 comments:

corylvngstn said...

I'm glad you finally got some well deserved rest. Those hours they have you working over there are insane!

That trip to the ER was no fun. We were there for almost 4 hours! But she was feeling much better when we left. She told me this morning that it doesn't hurt to pee anymore. Oh, this time she went from fine and walking to screaming in a matter of 10 minutes! I'm still trying to comprehend that part. She was complaining of a shoulder ache and the next thing I know her tummy hurts so bad she "can't take it." Then again, she screamed just as loud when they put the IV in her arm. Who knows where her tolerance level really is?

Maybe one day we'll figure her out... maybe.

Heather Bailey said...

Hey... This might be TMI for other poeple.. but some good info.. I use to get UTIs often when I was a little girl... We found out that the cause was from bubble baths and using strong shampoo like head and shoulders..(I don't know why I used my dad's shampoo as a kid when I had my own.. maybe cause it was blue...LOL) I also had to switch all my little frilly silky panties to cotton panties. No bubble baths, mild shampoo, wash my lady parts with a wash cloth microbial soap and warm water (kind of risky doing it herself.. maybe?! I don't know!) and suggested I ate a serving of yogurt a day to help prevent yeast infections with all the stuff going on there... If she's having pain urinating, my mom use to pour a cup of warm water on mt pelvic while I peed so it didn't burn as bad.. It helped.. Sorry if that's TMI but I hope it helps... I hope she's better soon! I hope you have a good time on your mini vacation!!