Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's getting closer!

I'm getting really nervous!  I go to the promotion board this Friday.  I've been studying for the last month but I don't feel very confident.  I abhor public speaking and answering questions infront of high ranking people isn't any better.  I've got a lot of support coming with me on Friday.  There's this E7 that I work with who said he would come with me for support.  I had never met him until I started working here in Baghdad.  He's been the one helping me study. I'm sure I'll do ok.  I just want to get this over with!!

 

Cory and the kids are up in Omaha this weekend.  My mother-in-law drove down from Minnesota so everyone could exchange gifts and whatnot.  Kevin and Haylie had no idea she was going to be there.  What a nice surprise.  My father-in-law also made an appearance.  Kevin now has the complete Guitar Hero game series.  Thank you, Doug.  :)  I think there's like 7 or 8 of them.  Cory would know right off the bat how many there are.  I counted Guitar Hero 1, 2, 3, Rock the 80's, Aerosmith, Guitar Hero for the DS and the last one I counted was Guitar Hero on Tour.  I'd be pretty impressed if I named them all.  How did I do, Cory?  :)  Kevin also got a remote control helicopter.  Haylie got MORE Polly Pockets.  She got some from both of Cory's parents.  I don't think she has enough Polly Pockets.  :P  

 

My grandma's memorial is tomorrow.  I wish I could go but I'm glad Cory and the kids will be there for me.  They have never met this grandma yet they are still going.  

 

Well, I think that's about it for now.  I'll leave you with some recent pics of  the kids. Oh, and Miley in a box.  So cute!!  Love and hugs to everyone!



Kevin at Grandpa Doug's for Thanksgiving.


Haylie at Grandpa Doug's for Thanksgiving.


I have no idea how Miley squeezed herself into this small box without it falling onto the floor.


Haylie chatting with me.


Kevin chatting with me....actually if I remember right I believe I did most of the chatting.  He doesn't say much in person let alone on phones.  :)

1 comment:

corylvngstn said...

The funeral was very nice. I wish you could have gone too. The speech your mom did made me cry through my nose! I don't know why the tears didn't come out of my eyes. Odd.

Oh, and you listed all of them. There are actually 2 Guitar Hero games on the DS and Kevin only has one. So he has 7 out of 8. :)