Wednesday, July 15, 2009

TNG

Three words....Texas...National...Guard. UGH!!!! These people irritate me to no end!! And it's not just me! Everybody I've come across seems to despise them. They are on their way out so they've all got this "I don't give a crap" attitude. The main road that runs in front of most of the CHUs is a rather narrow road. On one side you have a little bit of room before there are some trees (down the entire length of the road) and on the other side you have just enough room for your tire to fit before you'll drive into the canal. When two cars are going opposite directions one either has to pull over to let the other pass, or put the tires on this little slab of ground before the canal and the little bitty space before the trees and slowly pass eachother. The real army, when walking down this road to the gym or the chowhall, will walk down this road actually in the road but when a car is coming we will move as far over as we can so the cars can pass us with ease. The TNG think they are above doing this. They will stay right where they are! I cannot believe how close we have come to smacking some of these people with our side mirrors!! I hope it happens someday! I'd love to see it!! And then we've got the "tubbies." Some of these reservists, mostly males, are so huge that their ACU tops look like they are about to pop open! Then there are those who, in uniform, will wear their pants or PT shorts sagging to their thighs. I don't know if my civilian readers can understand what it's like to see someone wearing their uniform like that. Ok, I think I'm done with that rant now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL Wow, I'm shocked to hear that Texas isn't representing! That just pisses me off. They'll be the loudest ones when they go home about being in Iraq and all I bet. Ugh. I'll never forget on the COlbert Report when he was talking to the asst Prime Minister of Iraq who is Kurdish and he likened their region of Iraq to how everyone feels about Texas in the US. LOL LOVE YOU!

corylvngstn said...

If you do see one get hit by a mirror, please tell me as soon as you can. I'm always up for a good laugh. :)