Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mainz!!

Random AWESOME pig!!


Love the face, Heather!

Me, Heather and Rick at Mexico Lindos


My first trip in Germany was to Mainz on Monday the 27th. This is the city I usually hung out in while I was living here back in 2001 to 2004. Heather, Rick and I spent a little time shopping before we tried to find a place to eat. I wanted to go to the old Wackernheimer Hof. This restaurant is AMAZING! It probably has the BEST food in Germany. Before I left back in 2004 the owners of the restaurant told me that were closing their current location and moving down the street a bit. Rick found out where they moved to, so we thought we'd have dinner there. Just our luck, they were closed for a few days. We are going to go back there on Friday. Since they were closed we headed back into Mainz and ate at Mexico Lindos. They have some really good Mexican food and their margaritas are delicious. Overall it was a really nice walk down memory lane. I hadn't forgotten how beautiful Germany is, but actually seeing it again took my breath away. Everything is so green and lush and you can really see the history of this country. I am dreading going back to Iraq even though that would mean that all my tests came back positively. Anyways, we took a trip to Heidelberg the next day. I'll blog about that once I can get the pictures from Heather.

1 comment:

corylvngstn said...

I'm glad you're having a great time. The circumstances suck for why you are there, but you deserve a vacation either way. I just wish I could be there with you.

Love you!!!