Saturday, July 18, 2009

NYC....here we come!!!


So it’s been decided. The whole family will be heading to New York in November instead of just me and Haylie. I found a really nice hotel at an awesome rate but I just couldn’t justify the cost for only one night, so Cory and I talked and we decided to cancel our Jamaica trip and just stay longer in New York. We did talk with Haylie first to see what she thought about it. At first she said she didn’t want her brother to go, but this was when she thought we were only staying there for a day or two. Once she found out that we were staying an entire week she said it was ok. She and I will still have our mother-daughter day on Saturday, the day of the Miley Cyrus concert. We are going to get our hair and nails done and have either brunch or lunch at the American Girl Place. I showed her the website for those dolls and she got really excited. I may even let her get one while we are there as the store itself is at the restaurant. Since we decided to make this a family vacation I have spent all of my spare time planning it! I am having so much fun!! I’ve already secured our tickets to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. They just recently opened up the crown again and when I checked to see how much the tickets were, I saw they were already sold out through the 19th of October. I bought 4 right then and there.

My friend who lives in New York offered to watch the kids for an entire day and through the night so Cory and I could spend some time alone together since we aren’t taking our honeymoon anymore. I don’t have anything planned for during the day yet but at night we are going to have dinner at Don Shula’s Steak House. After that we will see Wicked on Broadway.


Cory and the kids are heading up to Nebraska again this weekend for his brother’s wedding. They went last weekend for his cousin’s wedding and come to find out he got the days mixed up and ended up missing the wedding entirely. He feels really bad about it. I asked him if he knew for sure that his brother’s wedding was on Sunday and not Saturday instead. He’s actually in this one so he better have the day right. :P


I finally know when I’m going to Germany for my tests. I hated not knowing for sure. I was certain that someone was going to knock on my door in the middle of the night and tell me that we had to leave right then and there. Thankfully that’s not going to happen. I have to be at the TMC on the 22nd to fly out to Balad and from there I should catch a civilian plane to Germany. I don’t know how long I’ll be gone but hopefully I’ll be heading back here to finish my tour and not being sent back to the states early because the tests came back bad. This is probably the only time I will say that I will be glad to be coming back to Iraq.




I found out some disappointing news the other day. I found out that the Army is no longer having ”station of choice” as an option for re-enlistment. This means that if I re-enlist in April, like I was going to, there’s no telling where I could end up. If this option isn’t back by April I’m waiting to re-enlist. I’m still staying in the full 20 but I’m going to hold out for a bit before re-upping again.

3 comments:

Heather Bailey said...

OHH! That sounds like fun! you better take A TON of pictures! :D Looks like we're flying out the same day. >< GAH! I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I am! :( We were suppose to fly out tomorrow.... Why why whyhhyyyyy......><

Anyways, I can't wait to see you! I am looking forward to seeing you! :D

Anonymous said...

You for sure need to take your lil sis along for the ride. I'm good at watching your kids. :) USE ME PLEASE :) I could be your tag-a-long nanny! How does that sound??

Christine said...

Dude!! So you know there is an American Girl Doll Store and restaurant here in Atlanta??!?!?!?!? You could just come here instead. ( i keep seeing jobs at the store for doll hair stylists.. .crazy).

I know you will have fun in New York.