Saturday, May 2, 2009

No more Disney World.....Jamaica here we come!!

Today is my first full day off since I deployed.  So far I’ve talked to my friend Melissa in Hawaii, mailed some letters that I’ve been meaning to for a while, cleaned my CHU, got some things from the PX (a nice smelly thing to make my CHU smell nice), ran two miles, took a nap, read, messed around on the internet and now I’m writing this blog. 

 

I took a diagnostic PT test just to see where I stand since coming off my profile about a month ago.  I did 30 push-ups, 92 sit-ups and I ran 2 miles in 15:25.  The total score for each event is: 76/100 (110 on extended scale)/100 (103 on extended scale) so a total of 276!  I’ve NEVER scored that high on a PT test before!  Hopefully I’ll be able to blow the next record PT test out of the water.  20 more push-ups and I will have maxed the test!

 

SGT Ahmed is back from leave.  While I enjoyed being the squad leader while he was gone I’m glad to be able to hand it back over to him.  We thought we were going to move to 8 hour days but no such luck.  Instead, we now get one full day off a week.  While I would much rather work 8 hours every day 7 days a week, I’m ok with getting a full day off.

 

Ok, now for the unpleasant stuff.  Haylie has lost her trip to Disney World less than a week after we warned her what would happen if she continued her behavior.  Sometime between Tuesday night and Friday of last week she snuck into her brother’s room while he was sleeping and took his money again.  While he was sleeping was the only time he didn’t lock his bedroom door.  While I was expecting her to start screaming and whining when we told her she wasn’t going, Cory said her reaction was very genuine.  He said she cried a lot but it was a very quiet cry.  Kevin is on the verge of losing his vacation as well.  Since we were going to Disney World mostly for Haylie we switched the vacation to just Cory and Kevin going to Worlds of Fun for a couple of days this summer while I’m gone.  He is still currently being punished for his behavior in school.  He is supposed to write a report about everything that happened and whatnot.  It was due over a week and a half ago.  Cory added 100 words for every day it was late.  He got up to 2000 before Cory said anything.  If Kevin turns it in by this Sunday he only has to write 1500 words.  If it’s late it’s then due by the following Sunday and it has to be the original 2000 words.  If he doesn’t hand it in at that time he doesn’t get the 2 days at Worlds of Fun and he doesn’t get the one day to play with his best friend before his best friend moves to Louisiana.  He will still have to finish it and he will be grounded until he does.  Both kids are also not keeping their rooms clean and so far have refused to clean them even after Cory asks them to.  They both are being just downright disobedient.  It’s going to be brought up at John’s this coming Tuesday.  We are thinking that maybe they are acting out because I’m gone.  Maybe that sounds a bit presumptuous but it’s better than the alternative.  This way, if the reason IS because I’m gone, it has a good chance of working itself out when I come home.

 

Since we aren’t going to Disney World anymore, Cory and I have decided to take a honeymoon during the time that we would have gone to Florida.  We will be spending 5 days in Jamaica at the Sandals Resort!  I can’t wait!!


I miss my kitties!!  :(

2 comments:

Heather Bailey said...

Wow Ren! I look up to you for not caving in! So many parents just lt their kids walk all over them and make threats! I am so glad I see someone actually punishing them in a good way and making them understand what's right and wrong! That's awesome! I hope Haylie snaps together and stops giving your husband so much trouble. Maybe it is because you are gone... I'm sure they miss you a lot! I'd be devastated if I had a parent that was deployed. ><

I'M JEALOUS!! You better take LOTS of pics on your honey moon! :D I'm excited for you guys! I've never been there! That's one place I'd LOVE to go!

corylvngstn said...

Wow, you did a lot in that one day! I bet it felt great too. :) Congrats on the PT test results. I knew you'd do well on the running for sure.

It's really sad that the kids are acting this way. I really wanted to do something special with them when you got home. I almost wish we hadn't made that threat in the first place so we wouldn't have to follow through with it. But at this point, it had to be done. :( With the way Kevin is going, I'm not even going to get my hopes up for Worlds of Fun either. He had all day today to do his report and instead spent it doing absolutely nothing. I just don't get it. His best friend is leaving and he just doesn't seem to care. And Haylie, the moment I packed up all the clutter from her room, she runs to the garage to find more clutter. Is there such a thing as a clinical "air head"? :D

I suppose our planned trip to Jamaica is a worth while positive to come of all this. I'm really looking forward to having you all to myself for a week. :)

Love you!!!