Friday, April 24, 2009

Before and After

This sleep thing is starting to get easier.  I hope I didn’t just jinx myself.

 

So, Cory and I are to the point where we are dangling the family vacation in front of the kids.  We told them that if they keep going down the path that they are currently on, we won’t be going to Disney World in December.  So far it has worked.  Haylie only has one more chance.  If she’s caught stealing or in a big lie then she’s not going.  She stole Kevin’s money and then lied about having it.  She didn’t confess and give up the money until they were at John’s (the therapist) and Cory threatened to take away Disney World.  That same night Kevin gave Cory a piece of paper from the school saying he got in trouble again.  This time he elbowed a kid in the stomach because he wouldn’t be quiet.  He never even asked the boy to be quiet.  The school punished him with an in school suspension and didn’t let him go on the class field trip that day.  That’s when Cory just told him that if something like this happens again he won’t be going to Disney World with us.  If it ends up being that both kids don’t get to go, Cory and I are going to try to find a sitter and he and I will go somewhere just the two of us.  We never did go on a honeymoon.  Kevin never did finish his apology letter or essay by the deadline so Cory extended his grounding by a week and said that for every day the essay is past due 100 words will be added.  He’s up to 1300 words so far.  His punishment from us regarding the elbowing is to just write about it in the essay.  We think he was punished enough at school….maybe even a little excessively.  I really don’t want to have to take Disney World away so I hope they think about that before they do something stupid again.

 

I was told by 3 people that they didn’t think that I could get to my weight loss goal of 135 pounds.  135 was where I was at ever since high school and the first half of my Army career.  I gained 45 pounds once I got out and for the last 3 months or so I’ve been holding steady between 146 and 150 pounds.  It’s been about a week since I found out that this 3rd person didn’t think I could do it.  I know it’s not much but I am holding steady between 144 and 146 pounds.  I haven’t gone over 146 in a week and it’s the first time I’ve dipped below 145 pounds.  I am determined now more than ever to reach my goal.

 

It’s really neat to walk outside my CHU and see nothing but orange.  That’s what happened this morning.  There was a nice dust storm going on and it was turning everything orange.  Work is fine.  Still can’t talk about it but it’s really annoying when people try to undermine your work.  I hate working with stupid people.

 

I thought I’d make a before and after picture of me.  I can’t believe how much of a difference 35 pounds can make!


1 comment:

corylvngstn said...

I'm glad to hear you're sleeping better.

I'm still blown away by that picture! You are amazing and beautiful! Not only have you transformed physically, but my favorite part is how much your self esteem has gone up. :)

I love you so much.