Friday, April 10, 2009

Sneaky Haylie

SGT Ahmed is on leave and I am filling in as squad leader while he’s gone.  So far it hasn’t been that bad.  I’m not quite sure what I was expecting.  Maybe it was for everything to hit the fan and I would be found incapable of handling it.  Well, so far so good.

 

Back at home things have been kind of interesting.  Cory recently put a chain and a lock on our refrigerator and freezer.  We discovered that Haylie had been getting up at 0630 and instead of getting ready for school she was going downstairs for a half an hour and playing on the counter tops and rummaging through the fridge and freezer.  Kevin bought some ready-to-bake cookies with his own money and when Cory went to make some he discovered that there were only 4 left out of 48.  Haylie of course denied it but they went to John’s later that evening (John is our family therapist) and she confessed there.  In less than a week she had eaten 44 of the ready-to-bake cookies!  After that day Cory started setting his web cam to start recording once it senses movement.  We were able to catch her red handed.  That’s when Cory went to go get the chain and lock.  The next day Haylie tried, in vain, to figure out the lock combination.  She is now doing all of Kevin’s chores on top of her own for the next 2 weeks to try to make up for eating his cookies.  The little stinker is also grounded for something else she pulled last week.  Kevin had asked Cory if him and his friends could walk to the gas station that’s down one of the main roads a bit.  Cory said No because there is a certain age kids have to be before they can be seen walking anywhere on post without an adult.  That age is 12 and Kevin doesn’t hit that until August.  All of this was said in front of Haylie.  Well, all little later when Cory goes to call the kids in for dinner, he can’t find Haylie.  She’s pulled a stunt like this before.  We called the MP’s once because we couldn’t find her anywhere.  Turned out she was caddy corner across the street at some girl’s house we had never even met before.  This time she was in an entirely different circle from ours, on her way with“”friends” to the gas station.  When asked what she was thinking she said she just wanted to go so she was going to go.  Good old fashioned disobedience at its finest.  Needless to say, she’s not allowed outside anymore for awhile.  Ok, I think that’s enough on those topics.

 

I’ve been having fun lately shopping online for Haylie’s birthday.  She’s pretty much getting a whole new wardrobe from me.  Actually it’ll probably be from both me and Cory since I spent so much.  She’s going to go nuts over these outfits.  They are so cute! 

 

That’s really about it.  Work is the same and I still can’t talk about it.  OH!  I am no longer on a permanent profile!  I went in to see about getting off of it last week.  The doctor asked me a bunch of questions and then went over my profile and determined that it would be ok if I got off of it.  I’m so excited to see how far I’ve come on the next PT test.

1 comment:

corylvngstn said...

I knew you'd do well filling in for SGT Ahmed. You've got, "put me in charge," written all over you. :)

I'm still in shock about those cookies. It is crazy that she could do something like that with no remorse. The scary part is I don't think she really understands why it was wrong.

Congrats on getting off the profile! I am so proud of you!

Love you!!!!!