Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sleep is eluding me.

They say that months 6 through 9 of a one year deployment are the toughest.  I’m inclined to believe this.  I’m sad and depressed all the time and I haven’t been sleeping.  Case in point, it’s 2330 and I’m not even tired.  When I’m finally able to fall asleep it’s very fitful.  I wake up feeling like I haven’t even slept.  I’ve read, but I still can’t seem to shut my mind off.  I work out almost every day and I work out HARD!  Just today I ran 3.5 miles in 25 minutes.  I don’t know what else to do to help me fall asleep.  I AM doing better today than I was yesterday.  Yesterday just sucked all around…my last blog can attest to that.  Thank you, Melissa for your wonderful comment.  It made me smile.  I tried calling again to no avail.  I probably won’t be able to try again until this weekend.  Ok, it’s time to try falling asleep again.  I’m yawning, which is a good sign.  We’ll see.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sheesh, I'm sorry to hear all of that! I hope it gets better soon and you are able to fall asleep...I'm so looking forward to speaking with you and seeing what is on your mind. I can't imagine what it is like to go home and visit for a week or two and then go back and get readjusted to your deployment life far, far away...must be incredibly destructive to your body! I remember when I went to Japan for an exchange and I was having a really hard time adjusting and was sad a lot. It was only a 6 week exchange and it seemend like the week before I left I finally got adjusted and came to terms with being away from home and felt like I could stay there for a year (wish I could have done that!!) but I had to go home. So when I got back I had the strange reverse culture shock phenomenon... Anyways, the point was soon after I was home I started to hear about students who exchange for a year usually take 4-6 weeks to fully adjust. Hopefully it is just the same for you (even though you were just came from there, etc...it's still not home!!). You are an amazing woman. Love you!!