Thursday, March 5, 2009

Talking 'bout a bunch of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiftwork!

I had to switch shifts for a few days.  My original shift is from 0700 to 1900 but for the next 4 days or so I’ll be working 1900 to 0700.  One night linguist is on his 4 day R&R and the other night linguist in on his 15 days R&R.  It’s not too bad, I suppose.  I hadn’t gotten quite back into the rhythm after getting back from my 15 days of leave, so the first day of night shift I was really tired.  I went to bed maybe an hour after I got back to my CHU but then I’m up now because my schedule is so jacked up.  I’m going to try to get a couple more hours of sleep once I’m done with this.

 

I rearranged my room the other day.  Instead of having the two wall lockers in the middle of the room dividing it, each bed set is on its own side of the room.  There is much more space in the middle now for doing my Yoga and Pilates!  I didn’t go to the gym yesterday/this morning because I was so exhausted from switching shifts.  That’s another thing that I haven’t been able to get back to normal: getting to the gym.  I used to go every single day.  Now I’ll be lucky if I can get there a week straight before something happens that throws me all out of whack. 

 

I have to send my grandmother’s mothers ring back home.  The August birthstone has come loose in its setting.  I don’t want to lose it out here so I’m going to send it home to Cory and I’ll have him take it to a jeweler to have it fixed.

 

While I was home on leave I saw one of the gifts that I had given Haylie.  It was a shawl of sorts that was made in India.  When she received it in the mail I made sure she knew that it was to been taken very good care of and that she was NOT to wear it as a skirt.  She has (had) a purple lacy one that she always wore as a skirt over her jeans.  I didn’t want her doing that with this one as it had a zipper that could get ripped and torn.  Well, she didn’t listen to me and that’s exactly what happened.  Right along the seam is all ripped and stretched apart.  I got so mad when I saw that!  I asked her how it happened and she would say anything.  She just looked away and started mumbling.  Cory was right there and he said that it was from wearing it like a skirt.  He had even told her to take it off when he had seen that she was wearing it like that but surprise surprise, she didn’t listen!  Nothing new there!  I told her that she wasn’t getting anything else from me while I was over here.  She didn’t like that at all and started to whine.  I think she only thinks in the now and doesn’t think that there will be consequences to her actions.  I took away her purple lacy shawl thing earlier in the week because I had found it on the floor in between nasty wet pajamas and bed sheets.  I told her that since she can’t take care of her nice things that maybe someone else would, so I took it and put it with the rest of her clothes that were going to be given to the good will.  Even with all of that I don’t think she has learned her lesson. 

 

Well, I think that’s about it for now.  I’m going to try to get a few more hours of sleep before I have to head into work.


Miley eyeballing the yummy tulip


Kitty being Kitty

3 comments:

Heather Bailey said...

Doesn't look like it anymore.. Unless they decide to pull me. My team has been tasked to move to another base. I actually get to leave the base. I am so excited! 10 months of the same shit is getting to be so boring! Nice blog, BTW... Kind of looks like mine.

Heather Bailey said...

LOL! It doesn't bother me. I just giggled when I saw it. :P I like your new pics! :D

I haven't been on the computer much lately. We're busy packing to leave and all that exciting stuff.. *sarcasm* I have pics to put up but nothing to really blog about! Maybe I'll have some cool adventure to write about in a few weeks.... GAH!

What else have you been up to? I have to start packing my tough boxes now.. I took a nap and I still fell awful! Talk to you soon!

corylvngstn said...

It's too bad they couldn't have thrown you into this night shift immediately after you got back instead of waiting for you to get used to the 9 hour difference. You were practically on that schedule already at home.

It's been tough for me to get back into my routine as well. I kinda feel like I did the first time you left. Like I just fell off the ball while you were here and forgot how to get back on. But we have 8 months to go so I'm sure we'll both get back into our routines soon enough. :)

I love those pics of Miley and Kitty. I just wish that one with Miley would have turned out more clear so you could tell without a doubt that she's licking her nose. You know how I am with those kinds of details. :)

Love you!!!