Saturday, March 21, 2009

Light?......Where?!

It’s been a crazy couple weeks here.  One of my coworkers is going on leave in early April and he’s been training up with me so I can handle everything he does while he’s gone.  I keep telling him that he’s not going to be leaving me.  I’ll duct tape him to his chair and he won’t be able to go anywhere.  On top of that I haven’t been sleeping well.  I toss and turn all night and then I’m exhausted throughout the day.  Today is my half day so I was trying to catch up on sleep and I ended up giving myself a headache instead.  Ugh, I can’t catch a break.  I’ve hit a plateau in my weight loss.  I’m holding steady between 145 and 150.  It depends on the time of day.  Early in the morning after waking up I’m at 145 or so and then after work I’m closer to 150.  I’ve started running outside.  There is a beautiful 2.7 mile long course that goes around the lake.  I’ve been running it in 22 minutes. 

 

We are almost halfway through this deployment!  Yesterday I checked my countdown that I have on my computer and it says we are 46.5% of the way done.  At the beginning of April we will have 6 months left.  I’ve heard that our replacements will be getting here towards the end of September.  Great birthday present if you ask me!  Happy Birthday, you’re going home in a week!!  Works for me! I think I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

2 comments:

corylvngstn said...

Just hang in there, you'll break that plateau soon enough. And leaving by the end of September would be an awesome birthday present! I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it's a nice thought. :)

I love you!!!

Melissa said...

Hey sexy! I think 145 is just fine (I know that's not what you want to here). Try to think back to when you were in your best chape and how much you weighed then...for example, I'm 5'4 and my healthy weight (which I define as fit - good muscle, in shape) I weigh in at 140. When I started 'losing' weight 7 months ago I was losing muscle mass and I haven't been working out since then (I know..I suck) and now I weigh 143!! And I know it's all fat! OMG I can't believe I am writing this on a public spot right now! If I remember correctly you are at least an inch taller, so baby doll, I know you were once 18 and weighed 115 lbs (I rememberthose days...in fact I remember graduating from basic training and growing hips! LOL I've never seen my enlistment weight of 124 lbs again and I don't think I ever will) we are sexy, curvy women! Your photos blew me out of the water - you look FAB! Don't be so hard on yourself and forget that you lost all of that weight! Still be proud! :-) I just keep goin on and on and on, don't I. Well I MISS YOU! Hey, guess what!? I FINALLY bought a webcam!! YAY! I don't have a computer at home and usually bring my work laptop home on the weekends. All I need is to buy the connector cables for my PC (that are in Georgia and I've asked Rhett to mail them to me, but that never happened) so as soon as I do that, we can maybe try to chat during the week. I'm going to go investigate what the time difference is. Miss you and love you - hope you can sleep better soon...Muah! Mel