Saturday, February 28, 2009

Continuation of yesterday

So, I took half of my half day yesterday and I’m taking the rest of it today.  I really wasn’t feeling well after that PT test yesterday.  This may be TMI but my uterus felt funny.  It felt like it was constantly cramping.  Anyways, that part of me feels much better.  The rest of me feels like it got hit with a bolder.  I am SORE!!!!  I love the way I feel for about 2 hours after I take a PT test.  It’s almost euphoric.  After that I want to take a hot bubble bath and go to bed. 

 

In other news, my roommate moved out a few days ago.  I have no idea where she went nor do I care.  My neighbor told me that while I was gone she was doing 2 guys in here at once!  Ugh!!!  Ok, I should never have to mention her again.  Moving on….

 

Work has been slow since I got back which is fine by me.  It makes the days seem a little longer but they should start picking up again here soon.  There is a whole new team up on the hill too.  The old team left a day before I got back.  They had a nice little celebration while I was gone.  My boss had plaques made with a group picture on them.  He’s looking for a little reimbursement of the $600 he spent on them.  I asked him if I was in this group picture.  He said I wasn’t because he didn’t take the picture until I was already gone.  He said he procrastinated.  I said, “Then I’m sorry.  I wasn’t involved in any aspect of this good bye ceremony or gift giving so don’t expect any money from me.”  Sounds crass, I know, but I was just a little hurt that not a single person from that team left me any kind of note saying good bye.  I told them good bye when I left.  Whatever, the new team is ok.  It will take some getting used to.  By the time that happens they will be leaving and a new team will be taking their place.  And after that we leave!!  I check my countdown thing at work yesterday.  We are a little over 40% of the way through this deployment.  It’s going fast!

 

Well, I have to get ready to go into work.  These half days always fly by faster than the normal days.


Working on the kids menu at Outback.....

the night before I left :(

Haylie's bling

He knows....

....what's coming....

....Got him!!

My Valentine's gift from Cory.  I LOVE it!!!  I'm using it as my wedding ring since my actual wedding rings are too big now.  :D

The 6 layered chocolate cake I mentioned in my previous blog.

My husband.....the dork

3 comments:

corylvngstn said...

I'm not 100% on this, but I think if we hadn't taken a couple weeks off from exercising you probably wouldn't be that sore. :)

That's a little gross with the roommate thing. I hope the room didn't smell funny when you got back. :O

You definitely made the right decision with not helping pay for that picture. He should have thought about that before even mentioning it to you.

I love the sequence pics with Kevin! That's awesome!

tatnlace said...

Hi Sweetie, I am thinking about you all the time. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Love you!!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodnes!! Quite the update - thanks!! I ditto everything Cory said! :-) I'd also like to add that you managed to pick the two pics of the kitty-cats that sum them up comletely! Too funny! Sometimes I remember when Miley would make that ACK-ing sound when she plays and it would crack you up! LOL This might be weird, but...I have the pic of you and cory printed out and hanging in my cube! Everyone asks - who's that? And I get to tell them the FABULOUS story. It's not every day a picture makes you cry like that ;-) So proud of you and happy becuase you are! Oh mushy. Things are ok here: just moved to a new place a few miles away from my old place. Now I have great roommates/neighbors that I can actually hang out with and am within 300 yards of a metro stop, so NO MORE BUS! YAY! I'm realizing that I never sent you my address..poo on me, so I'll send it over myspace or something. Oh wait - how could I forget?! It SNOWED 8 inches here overnight! WTF!? Is it spring yet? Seriously, I'm just not cut out for this winter stuff anymore! With any luck I'll be over on the West Coast in about 5 year (but you now life - who knows what will happen between now and then, right?). So I couldn't help but get giddy over your uterine pain...ok, that just sounds weird...LOL, and I know it is physically impossible (for now) but I couldn't help but say - oh my god she's pregnant! YAY! That will be fun. My friend Christine is about 3 months pregnant with her first. She's got a good mix of fear/happiness going on and NO morning sickness! Lucky. Blah, blah, let's see...what else. Oh, I should be starting school again in a week, so that will be fun...Reading some good fiction at the moment, though I can't remember the name of it...I imagine there is like a huge stockpile of books that soldiers get from home or order and then abandon over there...am I right? If not, I send some of these out to you if you want. I'm not sure how much time you actually have to read, given the fact that you are maintaining this awesome blog (truly inspiring) and calling home, etc. I love you, I miss you see you soon, hope the jet lag has subsided. OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOOXOX Mel