Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Love You the Greenest

This is a school project that Kevin had to do.  He had just read a story about a mother and her two boys and they had asked her who she loved the most.  Instead of giving a straight forward answer she told each boy what she loved about them and equated it to colors.  It reads:

I Love You the Greenest Mom and Dad

Mom, I love you the yellowest
I love you like the beginning of a sunrise
Like the base of a flame
Like the sun we revolve around
Like a sun flower garden

Dad, I love you the bluest
I love you like the soft fur on Blue
Like the clear sky in the afternoon
Like the start of a flame

We went up to the elementary school for a parent teacher conference today.  They aren't scheduled for another two weeks but since I was in town on my R&R they were nice enough to schedule one early.  We decided to have lunch with the kids while we were there.  It was really nice and we had a lot of fun.  I'm pretty sure I embarassed Kevin.  I was trying to give him kisses at the lunch table and as we were leaving and he was walking back I said, "See you later, Sweetie"!  You should have seen his expression.  Priceless!

My only success at sneaking in a kiss

Being silly

I did manage to get a picture where he's actually smiling, but I thought this one was more fun.

My princess.  She's growing up way too fast.

2 comments:

corylvngstn said...

That was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed taking those pics. I'm sure he got a lot of crap for that when he got back to class. :)

Melissa said...

Love haylie's specs! I was just thinking of the time we went for a walk at the savannah river and my mom just couldn't get over Ms Haylie posing for the camera - too sweet! You all look great. I;m so glad you were able to be with your family hun. SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!! All my love