Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lunch with Ina!!!

I'm imitating the statue behind me.


Showing off my new shirt


Ina's lunch


Becky's lunch...the filling tasted like salmon with ricotta cheese.


I went with a delicious Jagerschnitzel.


Ina and I in the park


Ina and I in the park


Waiting for our ice cream


Ina got the traditional Spaghetti Ice


Becky got the Waldfrucht Spaghetti Ice


I got the Chocolate Crepe


I had lunch today with my good friend, Ina! She drove all the way from Mainz to see me. I haven't seen her since she came to the states for a visit back in late 2004 or early 2005! It was great catching up. I'm so glad I got to see her before I have to leave Landstuhl. We had lunch at Taormina, a nice Italian place, and then we walked around the park for a bit taking some pictures. Finally, we stopped for some ice cream and a crepe for me. It was all very delicious!! Hopefully I can get stationed here soon and we can hang out more. I wish I would have gotten a hold of her sooner! I had a wonderful time!

2 comments:

corylvngstn said...

It's great that you got to spend time with an old friend. Especially one that lives so far away. :)

Love you!!!

Yvonne said...

It took Inga to come home for a visit for me to realize who was following MY blog, while in Norway! Hope you enjoyed my blog. I will follow you and catch up on where you are! I am home now. Loved Norway. Already thinking about how long before I will return.
Will have to read your blog to catch up on you. You and the family look great!
Yvonne