Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First day of school!!

Funny story about this shirt....


Just out of bed and already ready to go....his hair is cut now


The hunchback of Fort Riley Elementary


Gotta throw in the diva pose


It looks like he's dancing like MJ


Trying to put shoes on


All ready to go


Had to put the hoodie on....it was raining outside


Still looking really tired


BYE!!!

The kids had their first day of school this past Monday. Kevin started the 6th grade at Fort Riley Middle School, and Haylie started the 4th grade at Fort Riley Elementary. So far they both really seem to enjoy it. The first day, as you can tell, was quite gloomy. I had an umbrella all ready for them to use but when I went to check to see if it opened alright the handle separated from the umbrella part. No go there! They were the only ones without umbrellas at the bus stop. Thankfully it wasn't raining that hard. It was only a half day for them so they were home by about noon. That evening we had a dip that I made, for dinner, and then we all watched Hannah Montana the movie. It was actually really good. There is a fun dance number in it so me and the kids tried to learn it after the movie. We had a lot of fun! So, the funny story about the shirt in the first picture....Cory sent Haylie up to her room to get a belt as her pants we falling down. She had been up there for quite awhile so I went to check on her. Instead of grabbing a belt, she was up there stuffing her shirt! Needless to say that shirt is now a "weekend-only-not-leaving-the-house" shirt. It's hillarious looking back on the incident but at the time I wasn't very happy. Now I wish I could have taken a picture before she took whatever it was she was using out of her shirt.

1 comment:

corylvngstn said...

Ah, the first day of school. I love it when the kids are actually excited to go. :) When I read that comment about Haylie's shirt, I was thinking of a different story... Wasn't that one of the shirts you gave here when we were going through your old clothes? :P