Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The straw that broke the camel's back.

Thank you to my wonderful husband for finally uploading some pictures for me. My father-in-law visited for a couple days this past week. I hear the kids had a good time with their grandpa. I hope he's able to come down again when I get home.

I've been having a good time here at Freedom Rest. I head back to Slayer tomorrow but I don't have to go into work until Friday. Speaking of work, one of my coworkers is being recommended for an Article 15. The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back was him being late to work yet again. I could probably take a full day off using the times that he's been late to work or late doing something he was told to do. This guy also has very important products to produce for our mission and in the beginning when he took them over from me he was messing them up royally. He finally got it right just before I went on leave back in February. I still have to do them once a week when he takes his day off and I was noticing some discrepancies. I went to him first before taking it any higher to see if he would fix them. I gave it a few weeks before I did anything more. When nothing was fixed and he was still being complacent, I took it to SGT Ahmed and then the LT. He was finally counseled on it and I now have to spot check his work. He took 4 days off and the aforementioned "straw" happened the day he was supposed to come back into work after his break. SGT Ahmed had to actually wake him up. He was counseled again about this and told that he was being recommended for an Article 15. He also got his days off revoked for the remainder of this deployment. The Article 15 is in the hands of our commander and if she goes forward with it he will probably lose rank. I think they are going to bar him from re-enlistment as well. I used to feel sorry for him but he's messed up too many times. He was given a ton of chances.

My husband commented on the whole "no showing my shoulders" thing. He said that the first logical thing that came to his mind was that it was for my own safety. While I can see that being the case if it were for this entire place and not just the chowhall, it is ONLY for the chowhall. I could wear a bikini in and around the pool if I wanted to. There are just as many guys at the pool as there are in the chowhall. My husband has an uncanny ability to see every story from both sides and even sometimes from underneath. This story is ridiculous no matter which side one looks at it. Ok, I think I've beat that to death. No more.

From what I've been told, things at home are fine. Kevin and Haylie are both enjoying their summer vacations so far. Haylie has been playing outside a lot, which is really good although, I think she's a little hesitant now. She's had two ticks in just as many days. That's two more than I've had in my entire life. Kevin hasn't been going outside nearly as much. If he doesn't start going outside more I'm going to take away video games and TV. I shouldn't have to force my own kid to go outside. I wanted to play outside all the time when I was a kid.

I think that's about it for now. I'm going to go read a book out by the pool...IN A TANK TOP!!!!
Silly kids

Even sillier :P

Grandpa and his grandkids. I really like this one.

Haylie discovered email. I have received so many pictures of cats in the last few days it's hilarious.
Kevin and Kitty....so comfy.

2 comments:

corylvngstn said...

You're welcome for the pics. :) Point well made about the tank top. You should try looking at things from underneath, it's quite interesting.

Haylie is definitely a little hesitant. But since we've found two ticks INSIDE the house! One on the kitchen cabinets and one on Haylie's bedroom door. There was also a tick in one of her stuffed animals a week before she found one in her hair. :(

tatnlace said...

hmmmmm, that furniture looks familiar? lol, tis funny seeing it somewhere else!