Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kevin and Haylie....before me.

Well, I'm here at Freedom Rest and I really want to blog, but I hate putting up a blog without pictures. My adoring husband was supposed to put some in Photo Bucket yesterday of their Grandpa Doug's visit, but he didn't. I should have known when he said he would do it AFTER installing something on a friend's computer that it wouldn't get done. So, I decided to put up some pictures of Kevin and Haylie when they were younger. And since I am putting pictures of them up I thought I'd update everyone on what's been going on in regards to the adoption case. 'She Who Shall Not Be Named's' case was dismissed on April 27th without any drama. The courts would have had to notify her directly since her lawyer dropped her. Since then, there has been NOTHING from her....no surprise there. I say no surprise but I'm worried sick that something is going to happen. We are waiting until I get home to find a lawyer in Kansas and start the adoption process. At this point I think that even if something happens we are still going to move forward with our plans in October. It's been 7 months since she has called the kids and it's not the first large chunk of time that she hasn't made any contact with them. I'm half a world away and I've talked with them more in the last 8 and half months than she has in the past 4 plus years I've been in their lives. I don't know how any parent can be like that. I love these kids so much. This year away from them and my husband is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I can't wait until we can be a family again!

Kevin at the zoo. I believe this was taken the summer before I met them. If I'm not mistaken it was right before she 'kidnapped' them to South Carolina. Kevin would have been 6 almost 7.

Little Miss Haylie...always the diva. Taken at the zoo as well the summer before I met them. She would have been newly 5.

Kevin looks to be about 3 or 4 here. And Cory, you look so much sexier now...the 30s suit you so far. :P

Haylie looks to be about 2 here. So adorable. I love her smile.

Fishing with Grandpa Doug. So cute. I love his smile in this one.

Little Miss Haylie again...I don't think she can take a bad picture. The camera loves her and she loves the camera.

Brother and sister...so cute it breaks my heart.







1 comment:

corylvngstn said...

Oh the memories. So it must be the wrinkles that you find sexy, or maybe the receding hairline. Because other than that, I look the same. :P