Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thankful for.......

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I skipped out on the turkey because I didn't want to stand in line for over an hour. Based on the lines the other day it would seem that half the base doesn't eat....at all!! I really missed my family on Thanksgiving. I guess that would be what I am thankful for the most. They had a nice day. A friend of Cory's invited him and the kids over for some turkey and fixins. Cory hadn't planned on doing anything special so I was really glad he was invited. Thank you, Cory for being a wonderful, loving and patient husband. Thank you, Kevin for your thoughtfulness, kindness and love. Thank you, Haylie for your kind heart, creativity, love and making everyday an adventure. Thank you to the rest of my family back in Nebraska for your words of encouragement, your thoughts and prayers and of course the care packages, letters and e-mails. Last, but certainly not least, I am especially thankful for my mom. You are the most amazing person I have ever known. I hope to one day have half the courage, strength and wisdom that you possess. Whenever I need to talk to someone, you are there with no questions asked with an ear to listen, words of comfort and support, and a shoulder to cry on if need be. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being my mom. Love and hugs to everyone!

1 comment:

tatnlace said...

Sister! I love you so much and Thanksgiving wasnt the same without you here. I cried when you were brought up in our prayer before we ate dinner. I miss you horribly. Sometimes i pick up my phone and i still hit your speed dial to chat with you. Guess that wouldnt work out very well now would it. I'm thankful for you and everything that you do. Not only for the military but as my sister, mom, and daughter. We are very lucky to have eachother, and i hope in our old age we will only grow closer. Yes OUR old age. Your "lil" sis is getting older. Hard to believe huh? There's alot going on over here, and maybe some hometown drama would keep your mind busy. I'll fill you in later and dont forget to call soon. I LOVE YOU!! BE SAFE!