Monday, November 17, 2008

Mush and Blah

I looked at my blog today and realized that it has been awhile since I wrote anything. To me it feels like it’s been a couple days since I wrote. My days seem to mush together but I guess that can be a good thing. It will make my time here go by much quicker.


I recently moved into what they call here “permanent housing”. Before I was staying in a trailer type thing with 8 people. Now I’m in a trailer type thing with only one potential roommate. I say potential because as of right now I’m by myself….which is really nice.

Work is work. We finally have the mission to ourselves. The people we replaced finally went home. The workspace was really crowded and loud which made it hard to concentrate. Now it’s quiet with a lot less stress.


I’ve been working out like crazy. I’m trying really hard to lose the weight I gained when I got out of the Army back in 04. I was making really good progress until I got here. I’m sitting in an office all day and I’m only able to work out once I get off shift. I do cardio for an hour but it doesn’t seem to be making up for sitting down all day. I think I’ve gained about 5 pounds back! Very disheartening. I’m going to start doing push ups and sit ups once an hour during my shift. Hopefully that will help. I’ve been eating healthy too. I know I’ve got a year until I come home but I’ve never been a very patient person. I want to see results now, not later. I know it’s not going to happen right now and I’ve got to keep telling myself that.


My kids are doing ok. Cory was kind of slacking for a bit and paid the price for it. He’s got footprints up and down his back from letting them walk all over him. He seems to have gotten up and brushed himself off and now knows why I never really let up on them. I think he truly understands the phrase, “give them and inch and they will take a mile.” In Haylie’s case I think it’s more like taking 52 ½ miles but whose counting? She’s a sneaky one. You really have to keep your eyes on her. Kevin is Kevin. He doesn’t really get into a whole lot of trouble. School is going well I guess. I ask them how they are doing and all I get is “fine”. I ask them what they are learning and they will only mention one thing.


Ok, I think that’s all for now. I’m tired so I’m going to bed. I hope to get a camera soon so I can put some pictures up here. It looks kind of blah. More later. Love and miss everyone.

2 comments:

Heather Bailey said...

Hey! Don't get mad yet.. I sit on my ass all day at work and it frustrates the heck out of me! I've been working on the sculpting and pilates routines and I feel like nothing is happening because I'm back to sitting on my ass the next day! >< You will get there.. Just keep your head up!

This might sound mean... Now Cory knows what you were going through before you left.. Hopefully things will be better with her when you get back!

I'm glad your mom liked it! I want to go back soon! It's amazing!

corylvngstn said...

Yeah, those footprints are still a little sore but they're healing up well. :) It's definitely more difficult staying on top of everything here at home than I thought it was going to be. But by the time you get home, I should have the routines perfected... I hope.

Don't get too discouraged about sitting around all day. 1 hour of cardio every day is plenty to make up for it. There will be days that it doesn't feel like it. I have those too. But then I check my suspicions on the scale and find I'm right where I should be. In fact, I haven't gone above the 190lb mark in almost 2 weeks now. :D

I love you beautiful! I'm certain this next year will fly by and before you know it, you'll be home.

Oh, and Heather, that didn't sound mean. It was the truth. I've never been one to get upset over constructive criticism. I find it very difficult to make changes in my life if nobody points out the faults that I can't see.