Friday, November 28, 2008

I didn't realize my mother deployed with me??!!

I had an alright day at work today. I can't talk about most of it but the part I can talk about is annoying. Dinner time rolls around and half of those that work where I do will head down the hill with someone else order written down....since we all can't leave at once. Well, I hadn't gone down the hill all day because I had stuff already up there to eat for breakfast and lunch and I wasn't hungry at all by the time dinner rolled around so I wasn't planning on going or giving anyone an order to pick up. My LT asked me if I was going to go and I told him no I wasn't hungry. My section leader told me to go but I reiterated the fact that I wasn't hungry. In a stern voice he told me, again, to go. I know that being in the military means that you might end up having to do things that you really don't want to do, but when it comes to eating......I think I'm old enough to know when I want to eat or not. I could understand if I had been skipping meals for days, but I haven't been. This was the first time I hadn't wanted to eat dinner in a month! Anyways, I went and to prove my point, I came back with NOTHING!! When we got back our office was bustling so I didn't get a reaction out of anyone. That sucks too because I was really looking forward to one.

I've been really tired lately. I get about 7 hours of sleep a night but it feels like I get maybe 4 or 5. I'm not sure what it is. I sleep through the entire night. I'm
waiting on one of those thick pads from the PX but so is everyone else here. The beds are a nice commodity but they are really hard. That's probably what it is right there. I also hope to start my one half day off a week soon. Everyone before us started them at their 3 month mark. If it's 3 months from when we started working, then I won't start getting them until about the end of January. I know a half day off a week doesn't sound like much but take my word for it....it sounds very appealing right about now.

I'll end with this....Kevin sent me a really cute picture of Kitty laying down in one of the bathroom sinks. I miss my kitties! :( Love and Hugs to everyone.


3 comments:

corylvngstn said...

That does suck that they were trying to make you eat when you didn't want to. But at least you were able to get out of the office. That alone would have been worth the trip.

I hope you get your padding soon. Can I just send you one? You'll probably get it sooner. :D

The kids and I miss and love you!

Deb said...

Ren
so glad you sent this link... at least I feel like your not so far away even though you are. Think about you lots and send many prayers out for you also... look forward to reading more.
Love Deb/other Mom

Heather Bailey said...

Gotta love the army.. They are making me go to the promotion board in January even though I don't want to go... I hope you get your pad.. Like Cory said.. It'd be easier for him to send you one.. My bed sucks too.. :( Hope you start half days soon!